10-8-08
O'Hare Airport
So, after a great hiatus, I'm back for more! I'm on my way now to Columbus, Ohio for training with MoveOn.org to be a canvass director in an unknown swing state until the election (*crosses fingers* Nevada or New Mexico.... Nevada or New Mexico... Nevada or New Mexico!). It's been a crazy whirlwind of events- I found out at 5PM yesterday I'd be on a plane out this morning, and all of my buddies from my St. Louis office who were also hired are headed to training in Denver (bastards), so this will surely be an adventure, but that's what I wanted.
Anywho- this blog isn't about my life, its about my views on American politics, so I'll get back to business, but never before have those two things been so intertwined, and I figured I'd write a little about it, since its new and exciting! But back to the matter at hand. First and foremost, I want to express my displeasure with the current state of events in the Presidential race. We all knew coming into this that things were liable to get downright dirty from the right, but I am just as disappointed, if not more, with Barack Obama's recent conduct in the race. While competing against the McCain campaign requires a certain amount of self-defense and a great deal of fact clarification, I am appalled by Obama's counterattacks, which have recently become almost as cutthroat as his opponent's. Well, let me clarify that statement. The attacks themselves have not been on the same level, my level of discontent is nearly equal for both sides right now, simply because i hold Obama, as the current leader of my party, to a higher standard when it comes to avoidance of such guerilla warfare than I do the leader of George Bush's party. That said, let me also make it clear that in no way, shape, or form is mentioning John McCain's colorful Beach Boys parody in a debate on the same level as insinuating that Barack Obama is a Muslim or a terrorist. While I realize that "Bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb Iran," is something few Americans are likely to forget, and thus its usage very effective, there are no doubt numerous ways to get the same message across while leaving the creases of Senator Obama's immaculately pressed sleeves in tact. On the other hand, there is no gentlemanly way to call Obama a terrorist. And as a side note- if we are going to judge one's ability to run a country based upon one's choice of grade school friends, I'd like to the pack of wolf-killers Governor Palin was palling around with when she was just a wee one *wink*. My point: calling Obama a child predator and a jihadist rings in about the kneecap. However, even if the McCain camp were aiming for Obama's toenail, I would still expect little more than the necessary self defense. Do me proud, B-Rack.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment