11-13
Bloomington, IN
After-
So I got home from the campaign, exhausted yet exhilarated with what I'd done. What we'd done. Here are the after thoughts on that for which you just read (hah, who am i kidding) the prologue. Barack O-Fucking-Bama. Pretty much says it all, right? Okay, maybe not, or else why blog about it. But we must admit it is a weighty hunk of syllables. His presidency is still very surreal to me. I realize it has yet to commence, but there is still this lingering impossibility notion that continually resurfaces in my brain. The fact that such an uncommon man could attain such wholesome prowess is so empowering it seems unreal. That is not to say I am surprised by his ability to achieve such a task, his trophy is well deserved. I am merely stating that I am overjoyed to tears and afraid its too good to be true. But the fact is, it is true. We just took the first step towards snatching our country from the teeth of its ferocious leaders of late. And the symbolism of his stature is enormous for the country's morale. It is slowly helping all of those disenchanted citizens realize that if a man named Barack Hussein Obama can be president, they too might finally be whatever they want to be as well. The progress of these principles upon which our country was founded many moons ago has been put on hold for far too long. With Obama's help, we can pick up where we left off and recommence the inclusion of all Americans. And hell, maybe we'll just hop on the viking ship of socialism for s&g's. Thanks BHO, for putting the reigns back in my hands. I believe in you, and even more importantly, because of you, I believe in America again. God bless.
No comments:
Post a Comment