17 April 2008
Read my Lips: I'll Get it from the Defense Budget
With two candidates who are as revolutionary as ours are, I am continually disappointed in their lack of audacity (that is, in doing anything other than hoping). As all the general electoral back-and-forth occurs, the issue of money and budgeting comes up just about anytime any new idea occurs. And no one wants to be labelled a tax-and-spend Democrat, even when we're not in a Recession (definitely worthy of capitalization). So when raising taxes is out, and stretching any more out of a budget that is already unbalanced seems highly unlikely, where else is there to turn? Well why not to a defense budget that is able to crank out $341.4 million per day? Both candidates consistently have committed to a timeline for withdrawl from Iraq. So why not commit the money that is no longer needed, as it frees up to health care, education, and medicare? Just think of what even just a measley $30 million a day could do for Mississippi's education system. Maybe I'm naive, and I know that budget reallocation is no easy task, but I'm electing someone for President who I think can stand up to a challenge for that very reason. So in turn I challenge you Barackary to work on reallocation of the defense budget, and you can start by telling curious citizens on the campaign trail this plan. Don't worry about the idea's popularity- lower taxes and their sons coming home sooner generally doesn't displease too many people.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment